Monday 16 December 2019

70cm 250W Amplifier from secondhand DVB-T PA Part Three

You may remember in my first blog post about this amplifier I mentioned I had bought from eBay an LPF for the unit and I was a little worried this wouldn't perform as well as the eBay listing had lead me to believe.

I've finally managed to get hold of a cheap HP 8594e spectrum analyser from a fellow amateur through the second-hand advertisements in the back of RadCom and the seller very kindly included a nice directional coupler in with it, so with spectrum analyser and coupler in hand, I decided after much reading to finally connect it all up with the amplifier and see what the output looked like.

70cm Amplifier Output at 140W
You can see from the above any harmonics that are present are at least -60dBc.   The test was performed using the two tone generator within the Elecraft K3s.

No comments:

Post a Comment